Kingdom Investments For Individuals
Grow What God Has Given
Personal Investments That Build Churches
Kingdom Investments offer the opportunity to multiply your personal financial resources while simultaneously advancing ministry.* These high-yield cash growth opportunities feature a variety of investment periods to meet your unique needs. We call them Kingdom Investments because in addition to multiplying your personal financial resources, your investment will help grow Southern Baptist churches and other faith-aligned congregations across the United States. WatersEdge uses your invested dollars to provide competitive loans to churches that are seeking to purchase, build, renovate or refinance their facilities. The interest that these congregations pay on their loans provides the return on your investment. Learn more in our Offering Circular.
Already have an account?
Great Rates. Great Commission Impact.
Kingdom Investments feature two options: Demand Investments and Term Investments. Demand Investments provide the flexibility to withdraw funds on demand (high liquidity), while Term Investments are designed to lock-in interest rates over a fixed time frame. Both options offer excellent yields.
Limited-Time Special Interest Rate
For new money and renewals. Not available for proceeds of early redemption of existing WatersEdge Term Investments.
- This 5-month investment will automatically renew for an additional one-year term at prevailing rates at maturity, absent client instruction, subject to our Offering Circular and state requirements.
- APR fixed for investment term; interest compounds quarterly
- Early withdrawal fees apply (see “Investment Details” below)
- Not FDIC or SIPC insured; investment involves the risk of loss
- Learn more in our Offering Circular or review our Terms and Conditions
Fixed interest rates and investment periods are ideal for investors who seek an expected return over their choice of time period.**
Grow cash at competitive rates with no commitment; withdraw funds at any time, penalty-free. Ideal for short-term investors who need to access funds on-demand.
How To Invest
Invest from the comfort of home in 15 minutes or less using our secure online application and electronic funds transfer.
Our convenient digital application saves time and minimizes paperwork. Click the “Invest Today” button below to get started.
WATCH YOUR MONEY GROW
Redeem your principal and interest at the end of your term or reinvest and allow your money to continue to grow.
IMPACT GOD’S KINGDOM
Your investment is used to advance the Gospel by providing biblically grounded financing that helps churches transform lives with the Gospel.
Already have an account?
Why Kingdom Investments?
Kingdom Investments are ideal for ministry-minded individuals who seek growth of cash assets through short- to mid-term investment opportunities.
Earn More Interest
Great rates make your money work harder, multiplying resources and maximizing return.
Lock In Rates
Avoid the ups and downs of the stock market; fixed yields on Term Investments mean you can grow cash with less volatility.**
Invest cash on a daily, monthly or yearly timeframe; multiple options are available to meet your unique needs and goals.
Ministry Projects Funded
Churches & Ministries Served
Statistics cumulative since inception; updated 1/23/24.
Kingdom Impact: Storyline Church
Your investment provides the capital we use to make loans to churches. Watch this video to see how a WatersEdge loan helped Colorado-based Storyline Church meet the needs of its growing congregation.
WatersEdge uses Kingdom Investments proceeds primarily to fund loans to Southern Baptist churches and other faith-aligned ministries but also maintains cash, cash equivalents and readily marketable securities for operating and reserve liquidity.
Kingdom Investments are not FDIC or SIPC insured and are subject to certain risk factors as described in our Offering Circular.
- There are no service fees associated with investing in Kingdom Investments, but there is an early redemption penalty for redeeming a Term Investment prior to its maturity date.
- For terms 1 year or shorter, the penalty is 90 days of accrued interest; for terms longer than 1 year, the penalty is 180 days of accrued interest. The penalty is limited to accrued interest and doesn’t invade the initial principal investment.
The minimum balance needed to establish and maintain a Kingdom Investment (either a Demand Investment or a Term Investment) is $1,000.00.
- Interest is accrued daily and paid on the last day of the month for Demand Investments and at the end of the calendar quarter for Term Investments.
- Interest is added to the principal balance of the Kingdom Investment unless an investor requests that it instead be withdrawn either at the time of application or in any subsequent notice.
- Interest will be taxable as ordinary income in the year it is paid or accrued regardless of whether it is actually paid out to an investor, and investors will receive a 1099-INT from WatersEdge.
- Investors do not receive a charitable deduction when purchasing Kingdom Investments.
- In addition to consulting the Offering Circular for more details, prospective investors are encouraged to consult with a tax advisor.
Online Account Access
Investors may register for online account access to get real-time access to their investment information, retrieve statements and submit transfer requests.
Who Can Invest?
Investment opportunities are available to individuals, ministries and businesses who align with our desire to transform lives with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and who fit within our “Limited Class of Investors” as defined in our Offering Circular. Generally, this includes:
- Members or regular attenders of Southern Baptist churches or “Faith-Aligned” evangelical Christian churches
- Current or former WatersEdge clients
- Southern Baptist or “Faith-Aligned” evangelical Christian churches, ministries, organizations and institutions
- Businesses owned by members or regular attenders of Southern Baptist churches or “Faith-Aligned” evangelical Christian churches
Are Kingdom Investments a new service offered by WatersEdge?
Kingdom Investments isn’t a new service, but it is being made available to new types of investors. For years, WatersEdge has provided churches and ministries with investment opportunities related to its church loans but is now making those opportunities available to individuals, businesses and trusts that meet eligibility requirements.
Is it unusual for a nonprofit Christian financial services organization like WatersEdge to offer investments to individuals?
Many faith-based financial organizations who provide investments through a Church Extension Fund offer opportunities to individuals.
How do Kingdom Investments help churches and ministries?
WatersEdge uses the proceeds from Kingdom Investments to provide financing for Southern Baptist churches and related ministries who are purchasing, building, renovating or refinancing their facilities.
Does the addition of individual investors change the mission of WatersEdge?
Every service we offer is anchored by our purpose statement: to financially empower donors and ministries to transform lives with the Gospel. We believe Kingdom Investments enhances our ability to provide financing to growing churches and ministries across the United States, creating more opportunities to support Kingdom work.
*WatersEdge securities are subject to certain risk factors as described in our Offering Circular and are not FDIC or SIPC insured. This is not an offer to sell or solicit securities. WatersEdge offers and sells securities only where authorized; this offering is made solely by our Offering Circular. **Though not subject to market volatility, investment growth is not guaranteed and is subject to other risk factors as described in our Offering Circular.